Waterless car wash products can get your vehicle really clean with an impressive shiny finish. However, a big part of achieving this shine is using microfiber towels.
You can boost the effectiveness of your microfiber towels by cleaning them properly. Wash these cloths separately from other materials to prevent them from picking up lint.
I also recommend using a microfiber wash for 3 big reasons:
- This specially-designed wash removes dirt, grease and stains from towels.
- It also dissolves wax, polish and other detailing chemicals.
- The wash will rinse away clean, leaving no residue and leaving your towels soft and ready to pick up more dirt.
The video below explains exactly how the wash works:
16 Ounce Bottle | 1 Gallon Jug
In short, your microfiber towels will last longer so you will not have to buy them as often. Chemical Guys says that washing with powder detergents can reduce the absorbency of the clothes.
When cleaned properly, these towels should be able to last through hundreds of washings. Plus, they will retain their absorbency – removing more dust, pollen, grease and grime – leaving a streak-free finish.
Note: I like this cleaner because you can use it in the washing machine or when you wash by hand. Sometimes I just want to wash a few towels without having to run a load of laundry. Soaking and washing towels by hand is a great money-saving option.
Chemical Guys Microfiber Towel Detergent Specs:
- Bottle Size: 16 ounces (you can also buy it in larger gallon size containers to save money)
- Product #: CWS_201_16
- Directions: add 2-3 ounces (capfuls) to a large load of towels or 1 ounce for a small load
- Material Safety Data Sheet
- Get it Here
Tip: You can hang dry your towels or put them in the dryer. However, if you put them in the dryer, use low or medium heat (not hot) and do not use fabric softeners because they take away their absorptive abilities.